Experience The Best in Skilled Nursing Care
At Parmly on the Lake, we offer services to make the lives of our residents easier and more pleasant.
Whatever their needs, we want to make sure that every resident who chooses us as their care provider is as happy as possible and has everything they need to make their stay with us meet the level of comfort and care they expect.
We have a quiet, country setting, minutes from the freeway and a short distance to both Fairview and Allina hospital systems. You'll have peace of mind knowing the care and team are close.
Courtyard & Patio
Feel comfortable and at home during your stay with us in our beautiful outdoor sitting area with mature trees and flower gardens. There is a paved walking path around the backyard with a view of Green Lake that is wheelchair friendly. Enjoy the sounds of nature along our Prayer Walk, a nature path through the pines for a more private setting.
Beauty Salon and Barbershop
Open weekly for your haircut, color, and style needs.
Free Cable TV & WiFi
Residents have a TV and phone in their rooms.
Housekeeping & Laundry
Linen and laundry services available at no additional cost to you.
We provide you with confidence in obtaining healthy nutrition daily during your stay. Dietician education is available as needed also. We have extensive a la carte menus – you choose what you want to eat. Specialized diets are also available, as well as many nutritious menu choices for healthy living. We have a spacious dining room and friendly staff and atmosphere for a high-quality dining experience. We also provide an afternoon social hour snack time.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels service is provided through Parmly on the Lake to our community members within a 10-mile radius of our campus. Hot, nutritious meals are delivered by volunteer drivers Monday through Friday. Frozen meals are available for weekends, holidays, and other closures. Diabetic and low sodium diets are available.
- All meals include a hot and cold component:
Hot: meat, starch, vegetable
Cold: salad, dessert, bread, butter, milk or juice
- Payment Options:
Cost Share, EW/CADI Waiver, or the full cost of the meal
Contact the Meals on Wheels Coordinator:
Kitchen | M-F 9am-12pm | 651-257-0580
Office | M-F 9am-3pm | 651-257-0582
Activities & Events
We provide engaging entertainment during your stay. Parmly on the Lake is a proud supporter of many community events. We offer many choices of activities 7 days per week, including evenings. Activities include socialization and outings, planned events and parties for families and friends, pontoon rides/fishing in nice weather, and more. We also have a church on campus and a pastor on campus 5 days per week. We also stay active in the Chamber of Commerce/Community events.
M-Power Wellness Center
Join us in living your life to the fullest every day! Come explore the many aspects of wellness – physical, emotional, intellectual, social, vocational, and spiritual – involved in active aging. Choose from a variety of group fitness classes, both in the heated pool and on land.
- Aquatics — Featuring a three-lane warm water lap pool. Members enjoy both instructed classes and open swim. Note, there is no lifeguard on duty. The Hydroworx therapy pool is one of only a few open to the public in the state.
- Fitness Room — Select from many equipment options, including treadmills, Nustep, recumbent bikes, elliptical, free weights, and strength training machines.
- Exercise Classes & Fitness — Improve muscle strength, cardio endurance, and joint flexibility with aerobics. We also offer yoga, Tai Chi, and Zumba classes. Individual or small groups work with our trainers and coaches to set goals and create workout and nutrition plans.
- Halsa Klubb — A companion based membership for those who need assistance while exercising.
M-Power offers a safe, fun, and non-judgmental environment for adults 35 and up to enjoy being active, learn more about how to maintain being healthy as we age, and spend time with others who share the same interests. Insurance reimbursement may be available.
Contact the M-Power Wellness Center:
10720 282nd Street
Chisago City, MN 55013
Studio of Art
Treat yourself to a Reflexology Session. Tap into your innermost social, intellectual, and vocational desires by attending or teaching a class in our Studio of Art. Check out our art offerings, which include activities such as:
- Painting classes
- Personal enrichment
- Common interest groups
- Cards & games
- Painting & crafting
- Quilting, knitting, and stitching
- Personal training & health coaching
- Regular meetings to share ideas, projects, and techniques
Therapy services on-site for all patients
We offer a short length of stay, to get you home quickly and safely with the ability to continue outpatient therapy after discharge if needed!
- Up to 7 days a week therapy with a therapy team of 11 experts
- Large therapy gym with state of the art equipment
- Separate outpatient rehab gym
- Specialized in Aquatic Therapy, Lymphedema, diathermy, Kinesio Taping, Vestibular Therapy, EStim, Hydrocollator, Ultrasound, Dysphasia therapy, voice treatment, stroke rehab, cognitive assessment & development
LPN/RN Nursing Services Available 24 Hours
Rest assured that you have an expert clinical team to care for you. We provide wound care with a dedicated wound nurse practitioner rounding weekly, and IV management.
Continue to see your own physician or enjoy the convenience of having the physician team come to you while in the facility. We have Nurse Practitioners and a Physician in facility through Fairview Geriatric Services. Our Physician makes rounds 2 times per month while Nurse Practitioners make rounds 2-3 times per week.
This team is serious about getting you home safely, as quickly as you desire. Discharge goals and planning begin upon admission. We hold care plan meetings with the interdisciplinary staff to discuss progress and arrange home care services prior to discharge to ensure a smooth transition home. We also do a discharge follow-up to ensure you are successful at home.